How Can We Help?
How do I update my card reader firmware?
If your card reader requires a firmware upgrade, Wayroo will notify the user when they attempt to pay for an order using the card reader.
Note: The update is required to continue using your Card Reader.
- If the device needs a firmware upgrade, Wayroo will display a notice and provide a link to download the Chipper OTA app.
- Google Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bbpos.chipperotaapp
- Apple App Store Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/chipper-ota/id1589744317
- Open the Chipper OTA app.
- Select Get Started.
- The Chipper OTA app will list all available card readers powered on and within range.
- Locate the serial number of your card reader and click Select.
- Once the device is selected, a confirmation of a successful connection message will appear. The software will check for upgrades.
Note: If the device battery is low, a message will appear “Device battery is below 50% charge”; the firmware will not upgrade until the device is charged.
- Select Yes to upgrade firmware.
- A successful confirmation message will appear.
- Select Done.